Autumn Meeting Accommodation.

Forums BAA Events and News Autumn Meeting Accommodation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Dole
    Participant

Hi all,
    I wasn’t sure who to contact about this but I’m sure it will be seen here.
    I’m planning on attending the autumn meeting in Leicester.
    I filled out the relevant form and sent it off to the venue to make a booking. This was fairly early, in May. I heard nothing from them and have been waiting to be contacted about payment.
    I messaged them yesterday to confirm things, and lo and behold, no booking! All sold out. It seems that they don’t necessarily contact people if their booking is unsuccessful. Hopefully this will only affect myself but I have a feeling others could be caught out.
    If you’re booked at the venue it might be wise to double check.

Chris Dole

Paul G. Abel
    Participant

Hi Chris, it’s best to let the meetings secretary (Hazel Collett) know. Her email address can be found in the Journal.

Cheers,
    -Paul

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Thanks for letting us know. I will contact Hazel to see if we will email everyone who has booked a ticket.

The BAA Meetings Secretary, Hazel Collett, found out all of the accommodation had been booked in June. Unfortunately they did not reserve it for our meeting, so it had been quickly booked up by other people.

We updated the meeting page with a suggestion of nearby accommodation. https://britastro.org/event/autumn-2023

Best wishes,
    Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.