BAA Spring meeting – Cardiff

Forums BAA Events and News BAA Spring meeting – Cardiff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Alex Pratt
    Participant

The rail strikes have thwarted my attendance at this weekend’s meeting. Will any of the talks be recorded / available via Zoom / YouTube?

Alex.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,
    We are in discussions with the venue to try to get the talks recorded. I think this is likely but not completely guaranteed.
    They are definitely not going to be on Zoom or livestreamed to YouTube. What we are working on is the venue making the recording, then sending this to us afterwards for editing and adding to the BAA YouTube channel.
    Best wishes,
    Andy

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Andy Wilson.
    Alex Pratt
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Any of the Cardiff talks made available on the BAA YouTube channel will be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

For those who are going, I have added some information about car parking sent to me by Hazel Collett.

https://britastro.org/event/baa-spring-meeting

Best wishes,
    Andy

Alan Dowdell
    Participant

A successful meeting with about 80 attending. A good selection of speakers. Thanks to Hazel and the team and Cardiff for organising it
    Alan

David Arditti
    Participant

Here’s a picture taken afterwards, at the doors of the National Museum of Wales: from right, Hazel Collett, Graham Collett, Graham Winstanley, Mike ?

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

I have received confirmation from the venue that they successfully made the recordings, apart from a problem with the slides not being recorded at the start. They are hoping to be able to fix this. They need to get everything together and make some edits, with an expected timeframe of a week or two before they are with us to add to the BAA YouTube channel.
    Andy

Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

Andy: Excellent news!

Alex Pratt
    Participant

Thanks Andy,

A lot of work. Much appreciated by those of us who couldn’t attend.

Cheers,

Alex

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

The meeting recording has now gone live on the BAA YouTube channel. If you watch it directly on YouTube then you will be able to jump to each of the talks using the time links in the event description.
    https://youtu.be/9vNO2gI3RVA
    Unfortunately the slides are not properly displayed on the recording until 15 minutes into the meeting. We were hoping to have this fixed but unfortunately it has not proved to be possible.
    Best wishes,
    Andy

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Andy Wilson.
    Alex Pratt
    Participant

Many thanks, Andy! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.