BAA website survey

Forums General Discussion BAA website survey

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Shears
    Participant

Dear BAA member,

As you may know, I became President of the BAA at the beginning of the current Session, and I am proud to serve the Association in its 126th year. During my tenure I am keen to build upon the excellent work of my predecessors and ensure that we continue to support our members by providing the services you require.

One area in particular I would like to look at is the BAA web site (www.britastro.org). I have set up a working party to investigate how we can make it even more useful to our members, as well as the broader amateur astronomical community, and I would value your input. We have devised a very short online survey about the BAA’s website. Those members for whom we have email addresses will receive an email with the link to the survey, although the survey can be accessed directly at

http://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HG9SCBV

It is open now and will close on Sunday 28th February 2016. I’d be grateful if you would take a few minutes to fill it in.

As a small incentive, there is a prize of a year’s free membership to the BAA to be drawn from those who complete the survey. The winner will be picked randomly on 1st March 2016.

I would like to emphasise that the survey is anonymous. Although one of the questions asks for your email address, this is entirely optional – the only reason for requesting it is if you would like to be entered for the prize draw. This email address will not be used for any other purpose and the list of email addresses will be destroyed once the winner has been picked.

Just as a reminder, the current website includes a number of features, including:

– Information about the BAA, its objectives, organisation and people

– Information about the BAA Observing Sections, most of which have their own web pages

– Full details of, and excerpts from the current and recent editions of the BAA Journal

– Information about forthcoming meetings and astronomical events

– News articles

– A gallery of pictures and images submitted by our members

– BAA online shop

– BAA Forum for members to discuss astronomical matters

– Videos of past meetings

I am most grateful for your help on this matter, and thank you for your support of this wonderful institution. I am very keen to listen to our members’ ideas on how the BAA can continue to meet its objectives and would warmly welcome you to contact me with these offline.

Kind regards

Jeremy Shears

President of the British Astronomical Association

James Lancashire
    Participant

I didn’t get the email despite others about nacreous clouds etc. Fairly happy but made couple of suggestions about content.

I do think the forum is about right now it’s organised by observing section as I sugested a while back 🙂

James Lancashire
    Participant

PS I tend to use typeform.com for surveys as the results are more detailed (downloadable spreadsheet) while still being free to run (!) and you’re able to ask unlimited and multi-type questions.

Peter Carson
    Participant

Hello Jeremy,

Thought you should be aware I didn’t get an email either, the BAA have my email address as I recieve other mail.

I’ve completed the survey. Hope it produces some useful data.

Peter

Sorry Jeremy.

I didn’t get an email ether. But- I did fill in your questionair.

Jeremy Shears
    Participant

Thanks James, Peter and Paul

The survey email is being delivered in batches. For those of you who haven’t received it yet, it should arrive in the next few days.

In the meantime people are welcome to use the link given in my email at the top.

Best regards

Jeremy

Richard Miles
    Participant

For info:  The email from Jeremy about the Survey reached me at 16:05 today (Feb 13).

I encourage everyone to complete it as the more that do so, the better the wishes of members can be reflected in any changes made to the Website in the near future.

Go for it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.