Historical Section Activity

Forums History Historical Section Activity

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bill Barton
    Participant

Historical Section News 29 has just been published. If you are not on our distribution list, but would like to receive section publications then please contact us to join.

Free booking has also opened for our 2024 Section Meeting. See future events for details.

Mike Frost & Bill Barton.

Gary Drouin
    Participant

Greetings, I’m a new member and have tried to
    join the section online. The contact the director doesn’t seem to work. Just hangs after hitting the submit button.
    Can you help please.
    Cheers,
    Gary Drouin

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your interest in the Historical Section, and sorry to hear you can’t use the “Contact the Director” button. It usually works (I get regular correspondence via this route), so I’ll take this up with the WebOps team.

I don’t really want to advertise my email address on a public forum. But you can find it inside the back cover of the Journal, or in back editions of the section newsletter, which you can find at https://britastro.org/document_folder/baa-document-store/sections/historical-section/newsletters

Drop me (or Bill) an email and we’ll add you to our mailing list.

And hope to see you at our next section meeting on May 18th https://britastro.org/event/historical2024

Regards

Mike Frost

Historical Section director

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,
    I suspect I know what is going on. I just sent a couple of test messages and those appeared to work.
    The website forms have inbuilt spam protection. This was added last year as the Section Directors were receiving lots of spam, probably generated by bots activating the website form. Occasionally something in a genuine message can trigger the spam filter. Typically a link or phrase. So that would be my guess.
    The other possibility is it was browser compatibility or a momentary connection issue. If you let me know which browser you use I can give that a test.
    Best wishes,
    Andy

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Andy Wilson.
    Gary Drouin
    Participant

Will do, thank you Mike

Gary Drouin
    Participant

Thank you Andy, I’ll communicate via E-mail. Im in Canada using Apple Safari.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,
    I have just tested the contact the Historical Section Director form on Safari on a Mac and it worked fine. I think it must have been something in your message triggering the spam prevention.
    Best wishes,
    Andy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.