Journal delays

Forums BAA Events and News Journal delays

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

The December Journal is taking much longer than usual to be delivered. Mine has not arrived and I am aware of others who have not yet received their Journal. I am sure this is due to a mixture of the strikes and heavier workload on the postal system during the festive season.
    Members can of course access the online and PDF copies of the Journal from the Publications area of the website when logged in.
    Kind regards,
    Andy

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Andy Wilson.
    Daryl Dobbs
    Participant

I haven’t had my copy either, yet other periodicals I subscribe to like Astronomy Now arrived within 2 days of their expected delivery date?
    I suppose the more people who opt for the pdf version will save the BAA on printing and distribution costs, personally I prefer the printed copy.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Just to note, opting for a digital subscription doesn’t save the BAA money, as you pay more for the printed subscriptions to cover the printing and postage costs.

Howard Davies
    Participant

Thanks Andy for the info,I was going to ring the office for a replacement but I am halfway through reading the journal online.
    A Merry Xmas and an astronomical prosperous New Year to all BAA members.

AlanM
    Participant

Mine arrived today. I will read it with a glass of sherry on Christmas Day.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

I am glad to hear some are starting to arrive. Mine still isn’t here.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Andy Wilson.
    David Totney
    Participant

I went with the PDF, I prefer it. Even my ‘The Sky at Night’ is the Kindle version. I decided to embrace the digital age. I can’t remember the last physical book I read. Maybe Dostoyevsky.

Telescopes: One Newtonian, three Maksutov Cassegrains, seven refractors, and a large SCT.

Dr Andrew Smith
    Participant

I went with the PDF, I prefer it. Even my ‘The Sky at Night’ is the Kindle version. I decided to embrace the digital age. I can’t remember the last physical book I read. Maybe Dostoyevsky.

Not got to replaceing 12 telescopes with the virtual observatory thought? 😊

Regards Andrew

David Totney
    Participant

Not got to replaceing 12 telescopes with the virtual observatory thought?

Regards Andrew

LOL, maybe that will come. I’m still waiting for my flying car.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by David Totney.

Telescopes: One Newtonian, three Maksutov Cassegrains, seven refractors, and a large SCT.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

I am pleased to report my Journal arrived this morning, along with another astronomy magazine I’d been awaiting. Hopefully others are also being received.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Andy Wilson.
    Grant Privett
    Participant

My Journal reached Salisbury today!

Nick James
    Participant

I still don’t have mine in Chelmsford but the mail is pretty terrible at the moment and I’ll give it another couple of weeks before I request a replacement.

Mike Foylan
    Participant

Luckily, my journal arrived on the 29th, to be honest I wasn’t expecting it this side of 2022 as I live in Ireland and recently heard about a number of scheduled strike dates by Royal Mail staff in December. Hopefully, a compromise is forthcoming soon to end the strikes! In the meantime I can sit back and enjoy reading Decembers journal. Hopefully others will also receive their journal soon.

Bill Tarver
    Participant

Still Journalless, though as there are so many in the same boat, I’ll give it a bit longer.

Happy New Year all.

Bill

Paul G. Abel
    Participant

Mine arrived a few days ago.

-Paul

Alan Thomas
    Participant

The latest Journal arrived here in Warrington today – along with a batch of Christmas cards!
    Happy New Year.
    Alan

Nick James
    Participant

Mine arrived in Chelmsford today.

Roy Hughes
    Participant

At last it’s arrived in SW London.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.