June JBAA

Forums General Discussion June JBAA

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Has the June Journal been published yet?

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

No, the June Journal hasn’t yet been published.
    I am not directly involved with the Journal, though I’ve seen an email about the preparatory work that goes on behind the scenes, that means it should be very soon. The way to tell is the most recent Journal on the homepage is still April. Once it is published the Newsletter will be emailed. This is timed to be close in time to the hard copy arriving with members who subscribe to the paper version.

Thank you Andy.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

I see the June Journal has now been published, with the Newsletter announcing the Journal sent by Janice McClean this morning. You can see it on the website homepage or access it from the Publications menu, noting you have to be logged in to view the full Journal.
    My hardcopy of the Journal often arrives a few days after it has been published on the website.
    Best wishes,
    Andy

David C Rayment
    Participant

My copy has just arrived. I live in Essex near Basildon.

Jeremy Shears
    Participant

It has even made it over (through?) the potholes of Cheshire to me.

Paul G. Abel
    Participant

Mine has managed to travel the great cosmological distance to Leicester!

Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

Mine comes over the interweb thingy, so prompt delivery this time.

Hello everyone
    I am stepping in to ask for some information. I receive the Journal, but up to a month late, some issues don’t reach me at all. This has been happening for a couple of years. Can anyone tell me if there is a problem with correspondence to Italy? Of course, I read everything online, but the fact is that I always wait for the paper version, I await it with greater anxiety than for my lover’s letters.
    Thanks.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Giovanni,
    I know from my work with the BAA Office that there have been significant problems with posting the Journal to some European countries since the UK left the EU. I am almost certain that is what has been going on here, as several European members have been in contact with the BAA Office.
    I suggest you contact the Office at the below link, or from the contact details on the back page of all the Journals.
    https://britastro.org/home/about-us/contact-us
    They can pass this information onto the Journal printing and mailing company. There may be something they can do. Ultimately, they can send replacement copies if needed, though those too have the risk of getting stuck in the post.
    You should have a reply from the Office within a couple of days at most. So here post again if you don’t get a response and I can chase it up.
    There is of course the online copy of the Journal, though many of us prefer a hard copy to read.
    Best wishes,
    Andy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.