Pete & Paul’s Observing Challenges for 2022?

Forums General Discussion Pete & Paul’s Observing Challenges for 2022?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sally Russell
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve just been reading through the latest Lunar Section Circular, and noticed mention of #2 of Pete and Paul’s Observing Challenges (lunar eclipse). I haven’t been able to find the list of challenges anywhere on the BAA website, so was wondering if they were going to be published this year? Thanks.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Sally,
    A wonderful idea. I am investigating whether it will be possible to publish these challenges.
    Last year was special as we held a virtual Winchester with livestreams and recordings of the talks. This year we were not able to broadcast or record the talks at the venue. Hence it comes down to whether the lecturers give permission their talks to be published, noting sometimes lecture material is used for more than one event or isn’t in a suitable format to be easily published on a website.
    Best wishes,
    Andy

Sally Russell
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    Many thanks for your reply. I ‘attended’ last year’s virtual Winchester weekend and enjoyed Pete and Paul’s Observing Challenges presentation very much, and did attempt one, plus had intentions for a couple more which got clouded out (of course!). The reason I’d hoped/expected to see the challenge list published this year was partly because it had been a home page item last year, but also because I’m just interested to know what they are and maybe attempt some, but given what you said about this year’s talks not being broadcast or recorded I can see that it is indeed a different situation this year.

Kind regards,
    Sally

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Sally,
    I’m pleased to report this year’s challenges will be appearing on the website. A little work needs to happen to get them into a publishable form, so they aren’t quite ready but hopefully soon. Thanks for suggesting this.
    Andy

Sally Russell
    Participant

Hi Andy,

That’s fantastic news! Thank you very much for pursuing this, and many thanks in advance to Pete and Paul for sharing their challenges again 🙂

Best regards, and thanks again,
    Sally

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.