Problems accessing member areas of the website

Forums Website News and Help Problems accessing member areas of the website

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

We are aware that some members are experiencing problems accessing the member areas of the website, such as the PDF copy of the Journal. Our website team are investigating and will resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
    Kind regards,
    Andy Wilson
    BAA Systems Administrator

Nick James
    Participant

And I see that you are now a victim of the very formal, full name problem reported elsewhere!

Maxim Usatov
    Participant

By the way, for some reason the BAA site keeps logging me out – I have to log in every day and grant permissions to be able to post. Quite inconvenient. Sorry if this is irrelevant to the member areas problem.

Max

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Max,
    Yes, that is different website behaviour that has previously been raised. In theory it makes the site more secure, but we probably don’t need that level of security for the BAA website. It is a change that might be implemented in a future release.
    Andy

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

We believe the problem experienced yesterday afternoon and evening have been resolved. There are follow up changes we need to make in the next day or two. We will do testing and looking out for any unusual website behaviour.
    Andy

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

The full changes have now been implemented. Our tests indicate all is working as it should.
    If you experience problems with your login then you can use the Contact the Web Team form even if your login is not working correctly.
    https://britastro.org/contact-the-web-team
    Our apologies to anyone who experienced problems yesterday.
    Andy

Alan Thomas
    Participant

Well done, Andy!
    Alan

Maxim Usatov
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Still experiencing issues with the login – I am being logged out every day and have to relogin every time. Also, the Login button at the bottom of forum threads leads to a broken login form with errors, only the main menu works.

Thanks!

Max

Bill Leatherbarrow
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I seem to have fallen victim to the “full name problem” reported by others. My preference is for “Bill Leatherbarrow” but it keeps defaulting to a rather pompous title plus full forenames on my web profile. I have changed this back on a few previous occasions, but now I cannot get through to edit my profile. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Bill

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Max,
    Being logged out each time your browser closes is how the website currently works. It is on a list of bugs and potential changes that the website developer will look at in due course. Apologies, I don’t have a timeframe or if that behaviour will definitely be changed.
    Ah, that is the first time we’ve been notified about that button. I’ve added it to the bug list for the developer to fix.
    Best wishes,
    Andy

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Andy Wilson.
    Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,
    This is a known issue and is recorded in the bug log. Apologies I don’t have a timeframe but it is an issue I expect to be resolved.
    Best wishes,
    Andy

Bill Leatherbarrow
    Participant

Thanks, Andy. No need for apologies – I appreciate that these things take time to sort!
    Very best,
    Bill

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.