Watec 902H2 Ultimate giveaway

Forums Meteors Watec 902H2 Ultimate giveaway

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dominic Ford
    Keymaster

Hi folks,

I recently inherited a crateload of old meteor camera equipment, which had been used in an outreach project a few years ago but has been sitting in storage for the past five years. In particular, there are several (at least five – perhaps a couple more!) Watec 902H2 Ultimate cameras, which cost over £250 new and are really good meteor cameras.

I’m unlikely to do anything with them any time soon (I’ve already kept a couple for my own use!), so I am happy to donate them for free to a good home – including free UK postage. I only ask that you try to post an observation made with the camera to your BAA member album once it’s up and running.

You would need to supply your own housing (CCTV enclosure), lens, 12V power supply, video capture software, etc. I can supply some of them with cheap and nasty widefield zoom lenses if that’s useful, but you might prefer to buy something nicer. I think all the cameras are in good working order, but I’ve not tested them thoroughly, so they’re supplied “as is”. They are mostly unboxed and come with no instructions, but you can find help on setting them up on the NEMETODE website.

If you’re interested, please leave a comment below.

Cheers,

Dominic

Eric Watkins
    Participant

Good morning Dominic,

I’d be interested. I already have a heated security enclosures, lenses are proving difficult.

Eric

Dr Andrew Smith
    Participant

I have some lenses that may be some use if not ideal. I have two Schneider c mount lenses one is 23mm f1.4 and the other is 35mm f 1.9. I also have a micro 4/3 lens, with a female t thread permanently attached to it, it is 25mm f0.95.

Free to any member who wishes to try them.

Please PM me if interested.

Regards Andrew

Eric Watkins
    Participant

Andrew, thanks for the offer, in my case I already have some lens 6mm focus F:1.2 I’m trying to get F:’s of 0.8 to 1 which would match the 1 system I have up and working.

Thanks,

Eric

Fantastic offer! Please send me one (or two if it’s not being too greedy!)
    Robert Henderson

Hello Dominic. I would like one of the cameras please. My application might involve a large lens giving a wide view of the sky.
    Robert

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.