MikeRushton

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: The upcoming AGM / Recent solar eclipse #643061
    MikeRushton
    Participant

    Thank you Paul.
    You have mail
    Mike

    in reply to: The upcoming AGM / Recent solar eclipse #642885
    MikeRushton
    Participant

    Steven,
    I hope to have stills and short videos both from along the eclipse track and from the UK. A short video showing the moon sliding past from the UK would be very good so please do send it. You can use info@crayfordmanorasto.com
    Thank you,
    Mike

    in reply to: The upcoming AGM / Recent solar eclipse #642884
    MikeRushton
    Participant

    Thank you Dominic,
    I had looked through the solat section uploads but hadn’t had the sense to try the word eclipse!
    Mike

    MikeRushton
    Participant

    It looks like we picked it up on our Crayford meteor camera.
    I’ll analyse it soon.

    in reply to: (7102) Neilbone #583904
    MikeRushton
    Participant

    Tim,

    In addition to the occultation of NeilBone I notice that there is an occultation by our very own (4522) Britastra coming up. UCAC4 407-070264 (Mag 12.8) is occulted on 1/4/2021 at 02:54. There is a drop of 4.6 Mag for 2.7 secs Unfortunately the very gibbous moon is only 26 deg away. The track extends from Brighton through Norwich and off into the North Sea. (Details from the planned observations feed to OccultWatcher software).

    in reply to: When is the Spring Equinox? #581145
    MikeRushton
    Participant

    The explanatory supplement to the Astronomical Almanac (1992 edition page 477 para 9.211Equinoxes and solstices) defines the time of the equinox as that when the sun’s apparent ecliptic longitude is 0, 90, 180, 270 rather than in terms of declination. I suppose from a geocentric point of view these should be equal but I wonder if it may account for the difference.

    Mike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)