New website – members’ full names

Home Forums Website News and Help New website – members’ full names

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alex Pratt
    Participant

Hi,

The website is now displaying my full name on my member’s page and my posted images. This has also occurred with some other members. Publishing middle names can be a security risk.

I logged in to my account to change it back to my previous (abridged) version. Clicked on My album, Edit profile, and it says “Oops! That page can’t be found”
    I get the same error when trying to edit my Web profile.

Thanks,

Alex.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Alex Pratt.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Alex Pratt.
    Alex Pratt
    Participant

After logging out/in a couple of times I was able to get a clean login to Edit my Web profile. I’ve now reset my displayed name to its previous shorter version.

Alex.

John Thorpe
    Participant

On the subject of profiles, my photo now appears as very faint. Possibly this is intended? The full colour is resumed in the editing page.

Alan Thomas
    Participant

I recently found my full name displayed on my member album and changed it back to the less formal version by editing my profile. But a few weeks later, I found it had reverted to the full monty. Changed it back again – but today I found it had reverted again!
    Is there any way of stopping ‘the System’ from overriding a user’s wishes? Or is it me?
    A minor irritation – but still an irritation!
    Alan

Peter Carson
    Participant

You might be able to see your own full name in your profile when you are logged into the BAA website but others can only see your first and last names. I’ve checked profiles, galleries, and forum posts for everyone on this thread and I can only see your first and last names.
    Peter

Alan Thomas
    Participant

Peter
    I don’t know what others could see but as I recall, I could see everyone’s full details. I’ll have another look the next time it flips.
    Alan

Alex Pratt
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Have a look at a couple of pages of the Observers’ Gallery and you’ll see that some list their full ‘name, rank and number’. They can edit this in their profile.

Cheers,

Alex.

Alan Thomas
    Participant

System has switched to my full name again!! And profile cannot be accessed. Curses!

Alan Thomas
    Participant

. . . and looks like the Sheep have gone to sleep . . .

Alex Pratt
    Participant

Hi Alan,

Drat, double drat and triple drat!

I just wish we could have retained the old website, and that Microsoft had kept my favourite Windows XP, and…

Clear skies,

Alex.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.