The BAA Christmas Quiz 2016

Forums Website News and Help The BAA Christmas Quiz 2016

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dominic Ford
    Keymaster

We’ve just published the answers to our Christmas Quiz at the bottom of this page: https://www.britastro.org/quiz2016

If you’ve not already had a go at the questions, it’s not too late!

We’d be interested to know how everyone did. The feedback we’ve had suggested it was pretty tough, and a few people I know got scores in the single digits. So, I think anyone who did better than half marks (without looking the answers up!) knows the sky pretty well!

Howard Davies
    Participant

Grand total of 22.

Hazel McGee
    Participant

Only 20 I’m afraid.  Round 6 (Instruments) let me down….Fun quiz, and beautifully presented, thankyou.  Happy Christmas everyone!

Hazel M.

Philip Denyer
    Participant

Only 15 for me, I struggled with Instruments as well. A good set of balanced questions.

Mike Scarisbrick
    Participant

I managed 19, but probably only knew 10. Not so much the 9 correct answers I alighted upon, but the 3 I thought I knew but actually didn’t that stick in the memory.

As family entertainment…. I’m afraid after 5 questions a group decision was made to abandon the quiz in favour of “Exploding kittens”.

I enjoyed it when I did it though – so thank you.

Dominic Ford
    Keymaster

I’m glad we provided family entertainment with the first five questions at least :-).

This was a first for the BAA, and my co-conspirator (James Dawson) and I weren’t sure how difficult to make the questions. I was keen not to have people getting full marks, so we went for a spread from ‘difficult’ to ‘very difficult’. On balance, I think perhaps we’ll include some slightly easier questions next year!

James Lancashire
    Participant

Spelling mistake in Q33: it’s Trifid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trifid_Nebula

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.