Great new Will Hay video!

Forums General Discussion Great new Will Hay video!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Martin Mobberley
    Participant

The Will Hay Appreciation Society have just uploaded a short video about Will’s astronomy. It’s a very nice piece of work and features Dale Holt with Will’s old Newtonian.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7AF-Evx8ZE&feature=youtu.be

Martin

Dawson
    Participant

Fascinating video, thanks for sharing Martin.

James

Nick Hewitt
    Participant

What a lovely tribute! I knew more of his astronomical interest than his film work (before even my time) but this was very nicely put together. Recommended!

Gary Poyner
    Participant

Many thanks Martin.  Excellent video.

Gary

Tom Moran
    Participant

Martin.

Absolutely brilliant! I thought I was on my own enjoying Will Hay films..obviously not.

Thank you.

Tom Moran

Tony Angel
    Participant

This was interesting. I enjoyed it very much.

If anyone wants to read the book mentioned it is available online at

https://archive.org/details/ThroughMyTelescope

Tony Angel.

Nick 2E0LUN
    Participant

Thanks for sharing that link Tony …. reading it makes me want a physical copy to join such books as Ouse’s Silent Tide by C.F. Farrar  and  Amateur Astronomer’s Handbook & Observational Astronomy for Amateurs by  J.B. Sidgwick,  Thanks to Martin too  for the Video link , Yes I still enjoy Will’s films too 🙂

Mike Scarisbrick
    Participant

Thank you Martin and the Will Hay Appreciation Society. I particularly enjoyed the the motor and belt driving the RA axis of the 1.5 ton 12.2 inch reflector. From an age when all things mechanical started with an unguarded rotating cylinder and belt, this is one belt I wouldn’t have minded standing next to when it snapped.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.