February JBAA

Forums General Discussion February JBAA

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Has the February JBAA been mailed to the BAA membership?

I haven’t had mine yet. And I hope I don’t have to wait for this one, as I did the December one. Which didn’t arrive until January.

Thank you.

Regards.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

My Journal usually arrives a few days after the Newsletter announcing the Journal. The Newsletter went out on Friday so I am expecting my Journal sometime next week. Do you subscribe to the Newsletter?
    Best wishes,
    Andy

Yes. I do subscribe to the newsletter.
    But I don’t get them mailed to my email.

Could you send me the link please, Andy? Then I can re-subscribe.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,
    I have just instructed MailChimp to send you an email with a link to subscribe to the Newsletter.
    Normally the BAA Office handle subscriptions to the Newsletter. However, I just had a look and MailChump won’t let us subscribe you as you unsubscribed in 2019. This is a protection given by MailChimp, to ensure organisations can’t abuse the system by sending bulk emails to people who do not want to receive them.
    The email might end up in a junk/spam folder. Let me know how you get on.
    Best wishes,
    Andy

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Andy Wilson.
    Robin Leadbeater
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I don’t appear to have received any newsletters since no 72 last October. Are they archived anywhere ?

Cheers
    Robin

Robin Leadbeater
    Participant

It is ok, it looks like they are now being diverted to spam

Grant Privett
    Participant

My journal just arrived!

Roy Hughes
    Participant

My journal arrived first thing this morning.
    The new paper wrapper however was only just holding closed. The self adhesive seal was only one jolt away from being fully open.
    The stuffing machine is probably not applying enough pressure. Finger pressure was enough to seal it completely.
    Could be worth looking at if there are any other reports.
    Roy.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

My Journal also arrived today. The paper wrapper for mine was fully sealed. If anyone else notices a problem then I can pass it along to the Journal editors and Office.
    Andy

Grant Privett
    Participant

And it was sealed okay!

Peter Carson
    Participant

My journal arrived today in its new paper wrapper. Very nice.

AlanM
    Participant

My journal arrived yesterday and it was fully sealed. I’m not too sure about the colour of the wrapper though. It almost went into the bill pile.

Hi Andy,

JBAA arrived yesterday. But the email hasn’t arrived. I’ve checked my spam folder. And all emails. And there is nothing from Mailchimp.

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,
    Looking in MailChimp I can see you subscribed to the Newsletter on Sunday. So I think you must have received the email asking if you wanted to resubscribe and clicked the link to resubscribe yourself?
    You won’t receive backdated Newsletters as that is not how the mailing list works. The Newsletter for the February Journal was sent last Friday. You will be sent the next Newsletter around the time the April Journal is ready to be posted.
    Does that make sense?
    If I have misunderstood, then it may be worth discussing this away from the forum and checking with the BAA Office if needed.
    Andy

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Andy Wilson.
    Jeremy Shears
    Participant

My Journal arrived this morning. I suppose it might have been delivered earlier, but this is the first Royal Mail delivery in my area this week. We have been lucky to get 3 deliveries a week for the last year. Thank goodness for the digital edition!

Peter Anderson
    Participant

Paper envelope: Well, you can’t please all the people all the time.
    My February JBAA arrived yesterday and was jammed partly sticking out of the letterbox. We too have have reduced mail deliveries alternating between 2 and 3 days a week as ordinary ‘snail mail’ proceeds in its death spiral – costs of mail increases and services reduce. It is hard to know which days of the week the mail will be delivered. Anyway our letterbox is 160 metres from the house and it had rained overnight. I checked this morning. The result is that I am currently drying out my BAAJ and the pages do tend to stick together. The plastic cover would have shrugged off the small amount of rain we had…..

Alex Pratt
    Participant

Perhaps overseas deliveries should be in stronger wrappers.

Alex.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.